OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILD SAFETY
Camberwell Baptist Church Kindergarten:
has zero tolerance for child abuse
will actively work towards providing an environment where children are safe and feel safe; where their voices are heard, actions are noticed. We will promote the best interests of each child.
is committed to the cultural safety of all children including those from Aboriginal &Torres Strait Islander and from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds
is committed to providing a safe environment to those with a disability and will endeavour to do all which is reasonably possible to support them
has systems in place to protect children from harm.
commits to having policies, procedures and training in place which supports staff and the Management Committee to fulfil their legal and moral obligations in Child Safety.
What we will do to ensure ChildSafe Standards at CBCK
“In its planning, decision-making and operations Camberwell Baptist Church Kindergarten will
1. Take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child safety;
2. Value and empower children to participate in decisions which affect their lives;
3. Foster a culture of openness that supports all persons to safely disclose risks of harm to children
4. Respect diversity in cultures and child rearing practices while keeping child safety paramount;
5. Provide written guidance on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children;
6. Engage only the most suitable people to work with children and have high quality staff and volunteer supervision and professional development;
7. Ensure children know who to talk with if they are worried or are feeling unsafe, and that they are comfortable and encouraged to raise such issues;
8. Report suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment promptly to the appropriate authorities;
9. Share information appropriately and lawfully with other organisations where the safety and wellbeing of children is at risk; and
10. Value the input of and communicate regularly with families and carers.”
PROTECT | The Department of Education and Training | ©2016